Our Hawk Mountain Camping trip is just a day or two away. Specifics about the location, directions, and such can be found on the calendar event linked below.
The camping trip is from Friday September 18th through Sunday September 20th at Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation.
Current weather forcast indicates it will be a little chilly and we will be up in the mountains, so it is important that you plan accordingly.
What to Bring:
10 Scout Essentials
- Pocket Knife
- First-aid Kit
- Extra Clothing (incl. shoes, socks, and underwear)
- Rain Gear
- Water Bottle
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries)
- Trail Food
- Matches & Fire Starters
- Sun Protection
- Map & Compass
An 11th item, not on the list, would be a good whistle for signalling.
** If you require any medications please be sure to bring them and store them in a zip lock bag **
What you have above, is the basics necessary for taking care of yourself outdoors. It is vital to always have the above with your regardless of the activity type you are participating in.
Now for our camping trip the following items, in addition to the items above, assist with making your camping trip, in a variety of situations, a bit more enjoyable or comfortable.
- Backpack/daypack for your gear
- Class A/B Uniform
- Scout Uniform hat or billed hat (ball cap)
- A wool cap or knit cap is great to sleep in if you get cold easily
- Clothes to sleep in (pajamas or sweats)
- Sweatshirt and/or Jacket
- Hiking boots (it is recommended that you scotch-guard them)
- Rain Gear (jacket and pants preferred over poncho)
- Tent, poles, and stakes
- Waterproof ground cloth (tarp or plastic sheet)
- Sleeping bag (0 degree recommended)
- Sleeping Pad
- Extra blanket (optional but could be necessary).
- Insect Repellent
- Cup or Mug and Mess Kit
- Toilet paper (remove tube, crush and put in zip lock bag) this is a must have !!!
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Soap, washcloth, towel
- Good Attitude!
OPTIONAL FAMILY ITEMS
- Camp/Lawn chairs
- cooler/ice chest