Do nine of the following:
- Earn your denomination’s Venturing age religious award.
- Learn about cultural diversity.
- Make a presentation or tabletop display using the information you learned in (a) above
- Invite someone from a different cultural background from yours and the majority of your crew’s members to give a presentation on a subject of his or her choosing. Introduce your guest.
- Participate in a discussion about cultural diversity with your crew, Sunday school class, or other groups.
- Plan and lead a service project such as helping to build a Habitat for Humanity house, participating in a community cleanup project, or taking on a fix up project for a nursing home or nursery.
- Serve as a volunteer in your church or synagogue or another nonprofit organization for at least 3 months.
- Keep a personal journal of your experiences each time you worked as a volunteer.
- After you have served as a volunteer for at least three months, share your experiences and how you feel about your service with others.
- Go on a religious retreat or a religious trek lasting at least 2 days.
- Produce or be a cast member in some type of entertainment production with a religious or ethical theme, such as a play, a puppet show, or concert for a group such as a children’s group, retirement home, homeless shelter, or Cub Scout or Boy Scout group.
- Serve as president, leader, or officer of your Sunday school class or youth group.
- Complete a standard First Aid course or higher course or its equivalent.
- Participate in at least two Ethical Controversies activities as a participant.
- Be a facilitator for at least two Ethical Controversies activities for your crew, another crew, your school class, a Boy Scout troop or another group.
- Lead or be a staff member in putting on an Ethics Forum for your crew, your church or synagogue, or your school class.
- Serve as a Sunday school teacher or assistant for a children’s Sunday school class for at least three months, or as a volunteer for a church/synagogue children’s activity such as vacation Bible school. (This must be different from requirement 4 above.)
- Meet with your church or synagogue minister/rabbi/leader to find out what he or she does, what they had to do to become your leader, and what they think is their most important element of their job.
[Activities or projects that are more available in your area may be substituted with your Advisor’s approval for activities shown above.)