The first step in any journey is the courage to begin. At this level, the new crew member makes a commitment to join and move forward into the experience of Venturing
Award Focus: Joining
- Commitment to a new experience
- BSA training on personal safety
- Participate in a crew activity outside of a crew meeting.
- Participate in an interview conducted by your crew president and your Advisor.
- Complete Personal Safety Awareness training.
- State intention to join the crew by participating in an induction ceremony during which you repeat and commit to live by the Scout Oath and Scout Law and the Venturing motto: Lead the Adventure.