I want to extend a hearty thank you to all who attended our first Scout Sunday Pancake Brunch. We had larger than expected turn out for our first run at this and the event was a huge success.
The members of our chartering organization, Saints United Lutheran Church, were nothing but complimentary. They loved seeing the scouts working tirelessly to ensure everyone had their fill and enjoyed interacting with the leaders to learn about the programs we run.
With the church feeling it was a huge success they not only asked us to do this every year but they suggested we also consider running a spaghetti dinner and summer BBQ; both of which can be used as fundraisers to benefit our scouts.
Once again I’d like to extend a hearty thank you to the following for making this a huge success.
- Venturers: Thank you to those who attended the Scout Sunday service and to those who volunteered to work the brunch afterwords. Your attendance at the service made a great showing to our chartered organization and allowed them to showcase us to other members of the congregation. Additionally the Venturers did an outstanding job managing the kitchen and handling the finances of the event. Great job and excellent teamwork to all of you!!!
- Crew Parents: We’d like to thank any parents who participated by contributing to the bake sale, attending the brunch, and spreading the word of the event to family and friends making this event a success.
- Crew Advisors & Committee: All leaders in attendance played a crucial role in the success of this event. Each one worked the entire time and ate at the end with the Venturers. From assisting with finances, cooking, managing the floor, and managing the kitchen you were just as busy as the Venturers in making this a huge success.
- Saints United Lutheran Church: As our chartered organization a heartfelt thank you goes out to you for not only hosting our scouting units giving us a place to meet but for all of the support you continue to provide us. We’d also like to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to run this event and for participating in it as well. A special thank you goes out to Lynette Comitalo, the president of the church board, for working with us to coordinate the event.
- Karen Wonsor: Karen was the driving force behind this event. She not only managed the kitchen like a pro, but she pulled together the resources of three scouting units and managed all of the volunteers from them to run this huge success.